- Thickness of the stencil foil and the aperture size determine the potential volume of solder paste deposited on the PCB pads
- The ability of the solder paste to release from the aperture walls of the stencil
- Positional accuracy of the solder brick printed on the PCB pad
- The right paste material—correct metal content, viscosity, the largest powder size, and lowest possible flux activity
- The right tools—proper stencil, printer, and squeegee blade
- The right process—good registration, and clean sweep.